StageOne Christian Drama Cooperative
StageOne is a Christian Drama Cooperative is an amateur dramatics group willing to serve the churches and organisations in Folkestone and surrounding areas of Kent.
We meet each Tuesday evening during school term time from 7:45 till 9:30pm, at Folkestone Methodist Church on Sandgate Road, Folkestone (opposite the memorial garden and clock tower). Anyone 16 or over is welcome to join us.
StageOne has many enthusiastic members that wish to get involved with acting and performing as a hobby and past time and have fun at the same time. Find out more >>
Graham Clarke's 'Joe Carpenter and Son'
The events of Jesus' birth unfold before us recounting the familiar story through the experiences of the inhabitants of an English village in the mists of Graham Clarke's 'anachronological' time-scale. Joe Carpenter and his wife Mary are surprised by the Archangel Gabriel, otherwise familiar as the village postman: Have you ever seen the like, An angel on a postman's bike! It passes all imagining, A blessed postman on the wing. A host of wonderful local characters, not to mention the heavenly host of angels, witness the progress of the Holy Family and the miracle of the Nativity.
- December 2017
- Saturday 9th December - Joe Carperter and Son at Holy Trinity Church at 7:00pm
- Sunday 10th December - Joe Carperter and Son at Folkestone Methodist Church at 3:00pm
- Thursday 21st December - Joe Carperter and Son at St Georges Church at 6:00pm
- January 2018
- Friday 5th January - Joe Carperter and Son at Hill Road Church at 6:00pm
- Saturday 6th January - Joe Carperter and Son at St Mary & St Eanswythe Church at 6:00pm
Find out more about this production >>